University description (as per official university website)
El Camino College (ECC), formerly known as Compton Community College, is located in Compton, California. This two-year public college was established in 1927 as a part of the Compton Union High School district.
There was a major earthquake in 1933 that damaged all the buildings of the campus, except two. The college offers a wide selection of degrees, certificate courses, distance education programs and online programs for the convenience of its students.
There are various student clubs and organizations on campus in which the students can participate. The organizations center around sports, recreation, art, academics and politics. The students are also involved in active sports, such as baseball, soccer and football.
In order to be eligible for EOPS a student must:
* Be eligible to receive a BOG A, BOG B or BOG C with a zero EFC
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Be a resident of California
* Be determined to have an educational disadvantagement
* Have an educational goal of AA/AS. Certificate, Transfer to 4 year institution