University description (as per official university website)
About De Anza
Welcome! Two words—"excellence" and "innovation"—have captured the essence of De Anza College for nearly four decades. Although each carries importance, together they're a winning combination that has established De Anza in the forefront of community colleges nationwide.
View of De Anza campus.Located 45 miles south of San Francisco, De Anza College occupies a 112-acre site in Cupertino in the heart of Silicon Valley. Cupertino is also home to Apple, Symantec, Sun, Hewlett-Packard, and many other high-technology firms.
Nestled near the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains, the college was named after Spanish explorer Juan Bautista de Anza. The college is one of the largest, single-campus community colleges in the country with a fall enrollment averaging 25,000 students. Operating on the quarter system, De Anza is one of two colleges in the Foothill-De Anza Community College District.
De Anza provides outstanding general education and vocational courses as well as interdisciplinary studies, community service opportunities, on-the-job-training, internships, collaborative programs with businesses and industries, and online and television classes. Find out what makes De Anza stand out from other colleges and what we can offer you.
Take a campus virtual tour to experience our world-class facilities and learn about services and programs that make up campus life at De Anza.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all students and support students' freedom to express their beliefs. Please see our Anti-discrimination Policy and principles of academic freedom for more information.
Generally, financial aid eligibility is established once a student has shown through application that the following criteria are satisfied:
* Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
Information for International Students
* Be enrolled or intend to enroll on at least a half time basis.
* Show financial need.
* Not be in default on an educational loan nor owe a refund to any financial aid office.
* Be registered, or formerly registered, with the Selective Service (for male students only).
* Be a regular student in an eligible program enrolling for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate.
* Have the ability to benefit from the education offered. This can be met by holding a high school diploma, passing an approved test in the Assessment Center, securing a GED diploma, or having satisfactorily completed at least six units that are applicable toward a degree or certificate at De Anza College.
* Have declared a goal through matriculation. Eligible goals are an AA/AS or vocational degree, degree and/or transfer and vocational certificates.
* Be making satisfactory progress.