University description (as per official university website)
Crafton Hills College
11711 Sand Canyon Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Map of California with Yucaipa highlighted.
65 miles east of L.A. on
the way to Palm Springs
Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college or to get job training for a new career, Crafton Hills College (CHC) in Yucaipa can help you with your future.
As one of the 109 colleges in the California community college system, Crafton Hills College is committed to providing citizens in the region with an accessible higher education. The philosophy of California's community colleges is that education is the key to better jobs, a better economy, and a better quality of life.
Crafton has an enrollment of 5,100 students. The small size of the college allows for much more one-on-one communication between instructors and students. It is located on the rolling hills above the cities of Yucaipa and Redlands.
Photo of students The college is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the accrediting body for California and the Western Pacific.
Crafton Hills offers 32 degree programs and 25 occupational certificate plans. See a list of our Courses and Programs.
Financial aid is available, and students are encouraged to visit the CHC Financial Aid Office to see if they qualify.
Photo of the quad These are the main objectives of the college:
* Serving students interested in transferring to four-year colleges and universities to obtain bachelor's degrees;
* Serving students interested in obtaining two-year associate degrees;
* Providing career and technical education programs that offer opportunities in training, retraining, and skill building;
* Providing general education for students interested in taking a few courses to increase job effectiveness;
* Providing lifetime learning
Student enrollment was 5,382 in 2007-2008 (3,384 full-time equivalent).
Undergrads are 100% of enrolled students.
Students living in the US make up 100% of incoming freshmen.