University description (as per official university website)
College of Alameda is located in Alameda, California. It was founded in 1968 under the Peralta Community College District. The college grants admission to more than 5,000 students every year.
The academic departments in College of Alameda are:
* Information Technology (IT)
The sports teams of CoA are nicknamed the Cougars. The school sponsors a men's basketball team and a women's basketball team. Students from the College of Alameda may also participate in other intercollegiate sports events sponsored by sister colleges of CoA, such as men's baseball and women's softball.
A student who wishes to apply for a Stafford Loan must meet the following eligibility requirements:
* Must be U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
* Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment for at least 6 units (part-time) at College of Alameda
* Must make Satisfactory Academic Progress by maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA and completing the minimum units required for the enrollment status on which financial aid is awarded (Students on Academic or Financial Aid Probation are eligible for Stafford Students Loans only after removing the probationary status.)
* Must be registered for the Stafford Student Loan as determined by the standards set forth in the FASA (must be accepted before submitting the Stafford Student Loan Application; and more advantageous forms of financial aid must be accepted before applying for the Stafford Student Loan.)
* Must submit online results, or attend a mandatory Student Loan Prevention Default, Entrance Interview, and an Exit Counseling Workshop
* Must obtain a passing score on a Stafford test administered by the college of application or online Student Loan Prevention, Entrance and Exit Counseling
Students applying for a loan must follow established procedures of other aid programs. Students who have a BA Degree must file a petition stating the reason why they are attending College of Alameda and their goals. Petition will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Appeals Committee, and a decision will be mailed to the student within 5 working days.