University description (as per official university website)
California State University, Monterey Bay is also referred to as CSUMB under the California State University system. This university was established in 1994 and at present enrolls more than 4,000 students on annually. CSUMB offers its students Bachelorís degree and Masterís degree programs in various subject areas including business administration, liberal studies and mathematics. The university has many colleges under it and they include:
* Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
* Professional Studies
* Science, Media Arts and Technology
There are various student clubs and organizations that are available on campus including Delta Omega Rho, Omega Delta Phi, Sigma Theta Psi, and the Children Do Count Club. The students of the California State University also take part in sports such as basketball and volleyball.
Officially adopted on September 27, 1994, the CSUMB Vision Statement created the philosophical foundation for the university. Ever since, it has guided decisions regarding programs, policies, practices, personnel, campus environment, funding, and more. What drives us closer to our Vision gets prioritized. To truly understand CSUMB, we encourage you to read the Vision.
These pages present the CSUMB Vision Statement and the multiple frameworks that have spun out of it to define the character of the university and guide its operations.
Who is Eligible?
In order to receive Financial Aid at CSUMB, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
* Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
* Have a valid social security number
* Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working towards a degree in an eligible program
* Be registered with the selective services (males only)
* Have a high school diploma or a general education diploma
* Not be in default on any student loan
* Not owe a refund for any grant
* Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by CSUMB
If you are unsure about any of the items above, please contact the Financial Aid Office at CSUMB for assistance.