University description (as per official university website)
At CIIS, you can find your path to your place in the world.
CIIS is a unique institution where education is rooted both in great traditions of knowledge and in the most forward-looking visions of the future. Creative, curious, mindful and socially aware—these are just a few of the words that describe the people of CIIS. Here's what we offer:
* small classes and personal attention from faculty
* internationally recognized professors who expand the boundaries of learning
* leading-edge graduate programs in the School of Professional Psychology and the School of Consciousness and Transformation
* a BA completion program in Interdisciplinary Studies on weekends in a cohort format
* online graduate programs in the groundbreaking fields of Transformative Studies and Transformative Leadership with an international community of learners
* internships in CIIS counseling centers where students learn under the guidance of experienced supervisors
The purpose of financial aid is to provide financial assistance to CIIS students. The Financial Aid Office is here to help our students (both domestic and international) realize their educational goals. Financial aid consists of scholarships, grants, and loans. While complying with all applicable government regulations and donor restrictions, a serious attempt is made to extend a personalized, concerned approach to a student's financial needs.
Financial aid does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, or handicap in any of its policies pertaining to the awarding of financial aid.
File your 2010-11 Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible if you're applying for aid for the Fall 2010, Spring 2011, and/or Summer 2011 semesters.
File your 2009-10 Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible if you're applying for aid for the spring 2010 and/or summer 2010 semesters.
Priority Deadlines are as follows:
"Priority Deadline" means the Financial Aid Office will guarantee the delivery of your award letter before the start date of class and your funds will arrive on-time. Note: Even if you submit these requirements (FAFSA and CIIS Financial Aid application) after the Priority Deadline, you will still be eligible to receive your funds, although we can not guarantee your funds will arrive and be disbursed by the below disbursement dates.
Summer ONLY 2010
March 15, 2010
Fall 2010-Spring 2011
April 15, 2010
October 15, 2010
Summer ONLY 2011
March 15, 2011