Scholarships   Universities   Conferences   Student associations   Summer courses   Jobs   How to write a...

Find us on Google+
[find out more]
[find out more]
[find out more]
[find out more]

 Log email:
Not a member? Click here to join.

United States
European Union
CEE States

Small fee conferences
No fee conferences
Full grant conferences

Summer courses
United States
European Union
CEE States


How to write a...
How to write a resume How to write a CV
Write a motivation letter
Prepare your trip aboard
Write a structured essay
Prepare for an interview
Write a cover letter
Write a research essay
Write a recommendation letter
Apply for a scholarship

Featured websites

Retete culinare ilustrate

Retete de vis

Easy recipes explained step by step

Berkeley City College
Berkeley, United States- California


University description (as per official university website)

Berkeley City College, also known as BCC, is located in downtown Berkeley, California, United States. It was originally established in 1974 as Vista Community College. Berkeley City College offers transfer and occupational training classes and associate degrees and certificate programs in diverse areas of study. The college also offers online education to students.

BCC's student body includes a large number of international students. There are several clubs that assist foreign students with admission into the college. The campus hosts several other student clubs and organizations including the Asian American Alliance, Business Club, Leadership Circle Club, and BCC Film Club.

Financial Aid

Berkeley City College offers a wide variety of financial aid programs and services to help you meet your educational costs. The college participates in the Federal Pell Grant Program, the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant Program (SEOG), the Federal College-Work Study Program, and the Board of Governors Waiver Program (BOGEFW).

Financial Aid F.A.Qs

Why should I apply for financial aid?

Financial aid is made available to assist students and families in meeting the costs of a post secondary education. If you believe you will need assistance in meeting those costs, you should apply for financial aid. You can apply online at

If I am not a U.S. Citizen, am I still eligible to apply
for Financial Aid?

To be eligible for both federal and state aid, a student must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non citizen. For financial aid purpose, an eligible non citizen is one of the following:

* a U.S. permanent resident who has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551)
* a conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or
* a non citizen with an Arrival-Departure record (I-94) from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services with one of the following designations—“Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.”

Students who are residing in the United States with an F-1 or F-2 student visa or a G series visa are not eligible for federal or state financial aid.

I probably don't qualify for aid because of family
finances. Should I submit a FAFSA anyway?

Yes. Even though you think you may not qualify for aid, you should at least complete the FAFSA. The application is free and the college uses it to assess your eligibility. You can apply online at

If I don't qualify for need-based aid, what options are available?

If you are not eligible for need-based financial aid, many options are still available. One option is to look for merit-based scholarships, which consider academic or other talents.

My neighbor got more grants than I did. Why?

A student's eligibility for financial aid is based on various factors, including the size of your family, how many members of the family are in college, how close your parents are to retirement, and, of course, family resources (income and assets). Even though your family's circumstances may appear to be very similar to your neighbor's, there may be substantial differences in the components used to calculate financial eligibility. One of the most common differences is meeting deadlines. Missing a deadline could substantially impact the amount of grant aid for which you may be eligible.

How do I get financial aid?

To receive financial aid you must apply for it. The biggest mistake students make is not to apply because they don't think they'll qualify. To apply for federal, state and college financial aid programs, you need to complete the FAFSA and for the Cal Grant program you must submit a GPA verification form by September 2 or March 2. You may also be requested to submit additional documents such as tax returns to complete your financial aid file. Please respond immediately to all requests made by the financial aid office.

Do I need to complete my income tax return before I complete the FAFSA?

While it is recommended that you complete your tax return prior to filling out your FAFSA, it is not essential. You can fill out the FAFSA using estimated information from your W-2. Any large discrepancies between your FAFSA and your tax return may have a large impact on any preliminary financial aid award you receive.

I filled out the FAFSA, how do I find out the results?

You can fill out and submit your application through FAFSA online at . After submitting your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR will list all of the information you put on the FAFSA This information also is forwarded to the colleges you indicated to receive copies of the information. Once the colleges receive the information and verify it with any additional documents you submitted at their request, they will notify of your aid eligibility or send you a letter requesting additional information.

I completed the FAFSA over a month ago, but I haven't received anything back. What should I do?

If you haven't received a Student Aid Report, you can call the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243. You will need to provide your Social Security number and date of birth as verification.

When am I considered an independent student

In order to be considered as an independent student for financial aid p You can apply online aturposes, you must meet one of the following six criteria:

* Be over 24;
* Be a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces;
* Be enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program;
* Be married
* Have legal dependents other than a spouse;
* Be an orphan or ward of the court, or have been a ward of the court until age 18.

Scholarships section: Scholarships website section
Scholarships email:

   Scholarships and grants for international students @ Berkeley City College

Next >>
   American Indian Scholarship Anne Trevarthen Memorial Scholarship Coca-Cola All-State Community Colleges Academic Team Scholarship Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship
   Irene and Daisy MacGregor Memorial Scholarship Alice W. Rooke Scholarship Caroline E. Holt Nursing Scholarship Dr. Francis Anthony Beneventi Medical Scholarship
   Mildred Nutting Nursing Scholarship Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarship Lillian and Arthur Dunn Scholarship Margaret Howard Hamilton Scholarship
   Madeline Pickett (Halbert) Cogswell Nursing Scholarship Arthur Lockwood Beneventi Law Scholarship Nellie Love Butcher Music Scholarship Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian Scholarship

Next >>



Junior Fulbright Program
United States

Ford Foundation International Fellows Program

Rotary Fellowships
Global Network of Community Volunteers

Student grants

Graduate Assistantship and Doctoral Assistantship

International Fee Remission

Half Tuition Merit Scholarships

Grant in Aid

Lillian Moller Gilbreth Scholarship

Harvard-Smithsonian Postdoctoral and Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory Predo

Japan Studies Dissertation Workshop

Hauser Global Scholars Program

Need-Based Grants

Gwendolen M Carter/PAS-NU Fellowships

Internship in Environmental Education

Internships for Astronomical Research

Howard Heinz Social and Public Policy Fellowships

MASWE Memorial Scholarship

Jesse Marvin Unruh Assembly Fellowship

High School Graduate Scholarships

Graduate Assistantship

Frank M Chapman Memorial Fund

International House of Japan

Catherine H Beattie Fellowship for Conservation Horticulture


University of KwaZulu-Natal

University of Limpopo

University of Pretoria

University of South Africa

University of Stellenbosch

University of the Free State

University of the Witwatersrand

University of Western Cape - UWC

University of Zululand

Copperbelt University

University of Zambia

Solusi University

Universidade de Cabo Verde

University of Mauritius

Universite de la Reunion

Privacy | Disclaimer | Sitemap