University description (as per official university website)
Barstow Community College, also referred to as BCC, is located in Barstow, California, United States. It was established in the year 1959. Students of BCC are offered associate degrees and certificate programs in many areas of study including business, mathematics, and management. The college also offers online courses for its outstation students.
There are various clubs and organizations available for the students of Barstow Community College. Some of them are Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Gamma Sigma, Callboard Performing Arts Club, Club for Christ, Multicultural Club, and Computer Club. The athletics department of BCC fields menís teams in basketball, baseball, and cross country, and womenís teams in softball, cross country, and basketball.
* Each January, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid
* All eligible students will be required to submit a Barstow College Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office.
* All students must develop an educational plan with a counselor.
* All students must either have a high school diploma/GED or pass a federally approved Ability to Benefit exam.
* If selected for verification students are required to submit the Verification Worksheet, prior yearís tax return, W-2s and other necessary information as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
* Students must request official transcripts from all institutions attended prior to Barstow College. Transcripts must be evaluated by a counselor and input into Barstow Collegeís database prior to receiving financial aid.
* Students in default on a federal student loan, overpayment or Return to Title IV status with any institution, are ineligible to receive financial aid.
* The Financial Aid Office ensures confidentiality of all records and materials.
o The Financial Aid Office does not release information to any third party, unless legally required to do so, without prior authorization from the student. This includes parents, spouse, siblings or friends.
o If a student decides to share information with a third party about their financial aid file, a FERPA Release Form must be completed. A fax signature is sufficient for release of information once it is matched with other documents received by the Financial Aid Office.