University description (as per official university website)
ECC operates under the Open Door Admission Policy of the Illinois Community College Act. Once admitted to the college, students may enroll in any course as long as individual course prerequisites, placement procedures and/or departmental admission requirements are met and space for effective instruction is available. Neither a high school diploma nor ACT scores is required for admission to the college. The college reserves the right to cancel courses which do not meet minimum enrollment standards or due to unforeseen circumstances.
* Associate in arts
* Associate in engineering science
* Associate in fine arts - art
* Associate in fine arts - music
* Associate in liberal studies
* Associate in science
Ten Reasons to Attend ECC
1. Occupational skills that employers want and you need for quick entry into the job market.
2. The academic and social benefits of a major college plus the small class size, personal attention and friendliness usually associated with a private college.
3. Knowledgeable, credentialed faculty who teach and dedicated staff who service and support your education.
4. A picturesque, modern and safe campus that’s close to home.
5. Affordable tuition that is one-third the cost of a four-year public university and a fraction of charges at private universities.
6. Student financial aid, grants, sponsorships, and scholarships totaling $7.5 million per year.
7. Degrees that transfer seamlessly to virtually all U.S. colleges or universities.
8. Partnerships with a number of colleges and universities to provide greater and more immediate access to upper-level, baccalaureate degrees.
9. Testing, guidance and advice for undecided students.
10. Honors classes, study trips abroad, writers center, involvement opportunities and other amenities to build an impressive resume of accomplishment, initiative and team-building.
Your achievements in class or outside the classroom can earn you scholarship money for educational expenses. Scholarships are “gift aid”, meaning they are a free resource you do not repay. They are awarded for any number of reasons (academic standing, leadership, specialized talents, ethnic origin, etc) and are available whether you are just beginning your ECC studies or are near graduation. Applications are required for scholarships funds.
ECC Endowed Scholarships
# Charlotte Bosworth Memorial Scholarship
# Otto Maha Memorial Scholarship
# Viola Dunning Memorial Scholarship