University description (as per official university website)
* Is a private university located in Mobile, Alabama, USA.
* caters to the needs of students from around the world who desire to further their formal education.
* offers Masters and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in a variety of disciplines.
* serves the needs of individuals through high quality Affiliated Universities On-Campus and Distance Education programs tailored to meet the needs of our diverse student population.
* provides an opportunity for students to study and learn at their own pace in their own homes, or through classroom study headquarters or at one of many affiliated campuses around the globe.
* employs highly qualified faculty who possess both academic preparation and practical experience.
- BA Completion Programs
The Bachelor degree programs at York are completion programs designed for individuals with an Associate Degree or the equivalent of 60 credits or more. Transfer credits are granted on the basis of academic transcripts and/or an evaluation from recognized credit evaluation services such as the "Regent Credit Bank" and "AUAP". The maximal number of credits that can be transferred is 90, and the Bachelors degree requires a total of 120 credits. Thus, the completion portion at York consists of an individual study program designed to earn between 30-60 credits. These credits can be earned by distance learning courses and research projects as agreed between the student and the assigned Academic Mentor.
- York University awards the degrees of Master of Arts (MA) to registered candidates who successfully complete approved programs of supervised research.
- Doctoral Research Degree Program
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree is a terminal degree reflecting independent mastery of a specialized field of knowledge, and the successful pursuit of original research. The PhD effort requires academic discipline together with a significant commitment of time and effort. It involves highly focused study in a particular area of interest culminating in an original research effort which adds to the general body of knowledge in the field.