University description (as per official university website)
Eastern Shore Community College is a member of the Virginia Community College system and serves the residents of Accomack and Northampton Counties as a two-year institution of higher education. Operating under policies established by the State Board for Community Colleges and the Eastern Shore Community College Board, the college is financed primarily with state funds, supplemented by contributions from the two counties and the Eastern Shore Community College.
* To meet the educational and economic needs of our communities by providing access to responsive and affordable lifelong learning opportunities.
* To promote and support student learning and success through exemplary instruction in a learning-centered environment.
* To provide equitable access to learning resources and student support services for the college communities.
* To offer students leadership opportunities and to prepare them for the challenges of an increasingly global economy and society.
* To be a preeminent workforce development provider and to promote personal enrichment through continuing education.
* To foster and advance significant and productive educational, economic, and cultural partnerships.
* To provide the educational component of local economic and community development initiatives, in partnership with business and government agencies.
* To recruit and develop well-qualified, dedicated, caring, and creative employees.
Eastern Shore Community College (ESCC) offers degrees and certificates in a wide variety of programs and topics. There are four tracks through which a student may pursue studies.. You may review the information below for a general overview of each track. You may also work with an Advisor to determine which track may be most appropriate for your individual career goals.
The four tracks of study:
* Transfer Programs
* Occupational/Technical Programs
* Developmental Studies
* Distance Education