Call for Applications: Intensive English Language Training for Young Roma University Graduates
|Scholarship / Financial aid: scholarships offered|
Date: September 2011 - May 2012
Deadline: June 17, 2011
Open to: young Roma university graduates from Central and Eastern Europe
Central European University and the Open Society Roma Initiatives announce scholarship opportunities for an 8-month-long intensive English language training course in Budapest for the 2011/2012 academic year.
Application deadline: June 17, 2011.
Central European University (CEU) and the Open Society Roma Initiatives are pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for the academic year 2011/2012 for an 8-month-long intensive English language training at CEU in Budapest, Hungary. The program will run from the middle of September 2011 through to the end of May 2012.
The Intensive English Language Training for Young Roma University Graduates aims to improve the personal development of young Roma university graduates from Central and Eastern Europe. The goal of the training is to enhance participants’ English language skills in order for them to successfully apply forthe European Commission Internship for Young Roma University Graduates, the Roma Access Program at CEU, and other internship, career and educational opportunities. Students will also improve their knowledge of Romani language, history and culture.
· We welcome applications from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Kosovo, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey and Ukraine
· Candidates must have completed a course of university education and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications
· Candidates should have a basic level of English which allows them to fill in the application form in English
· Minimum computer literacy is a requirement for participation
· Candidates must be willing to live in Budapest for the duration of the training.
1. Application form in English (DOC - 82K)
2. Copies of high school and university diplomas. (For candidates who have completed their university studies, but who have not yet received an official degree certificate, a formal official statement from their university confirming the degree is sufficient)
3. Two recommendation letters (one should be from a university professor). Accepted both in your native language or English.
4. Essay (in the applicant’s native language) of approximately 1000 words, explaining the applicant’s motivation for applying for the English language training
5. Europass CV. (The Europass CV template can be downloaded at: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVTemplate.csp )
Please note that all the documents listed above are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applying for the program:
Please send your application package by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org | by fax to +361 327 3190 | by post to CEU, SEP, Intensive IELT, Nador u. 9., H-1051, Budapest, Hungary
Latest annoucements in this category: