Research Stay Visits
University of Vienna, Austria
|Scholarship / Financial aid: 2 grants offered of EUR 1000/per month each|
Date: 4 month research stay
Deadline: 30th May 2010
Open to: students enrolled in a master- or PhD-programme at their home-universities
The University of Vienna offers 2 grants for a 4 month research stay in the field of history, philology or political sciences. During the stay the successful candidates should do intensive scientific research and participate in the academic life of the respective Department of the University of Vienna. The continuous presence of the grant-holders in Vienna during the grant-period is therefore required.
* students enrolled in a master- or PhD-programme at their home-universities working on their diploma-/master- or PhD-thesis;
* students enrolled at university in Albania, Bosnia- Hercegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia.
* excellent academic performance;
* good command of English and/or German;
* a specific research project in the subject area of history, philology or political sciences for the grant-period at the University of Vienna
The successful candidate(s) will get a grant of EUR 1000/per month for 4 months each to cover all living costs during the stay at the University of Vienna. No travel costs will be reimbursed.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. detailed description of the project;
2. Motivation letter ( explaining motivation for research stay at the University of Vienna)
3. A letter of recommendation;
4. Detailed CV with postal delivery-address, email-address and telephone number.
5. Proof of English and/or German (certificates or confirmation of the supervisor of the master- or doctoral thesis or proof of the participation in a study-programme held in German or English or proof of a longer stay in a Germa/English speaking country);
6. Transcript of records or copy of the graduation certificate;
7. Copy of passport.
The application need to be submitted by email to Prof. Dr. Oliver Schmitt: email@example.com
or by mail to:
Institut für Osteuropäische Geschichte
1090 Wien, Spitalgasse 2, Hof 3 (Campus)
The application deadline is 30th May 2010.
Latest annoucements in this category: