Zeitgeist Young Minds Competition
Europe / the Middle East / Africa
|Scholarship / Financial aid: the opportunity to attend a special programme of events and masterclasses at Zeitgeist Europe 2012|
Deadline: 19th March 2012
Open to: pioneers, innovators, change-makers and leaders aged 18 – 24 across Europe, Middle East and Africa
Zeitgeist is one of Google’s most prominent events, where over 400 of the most influential business leaders and key visionaries from around the world come together to share their perspectives on global issues. Speakers have included Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Professor Stephen Hawkings, Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts and Google Chairman Eric Schmidt and Google CEO Larry Page.
Young Minds is a competition to find 10 pioneers, innovators, change-makers and leaders of tomorrow aged 18 – 24 across Europe, Middle East and Africa* to take their place alongside the greatest innovators of today at Google Zeitgeist 2012.
Previous Young Minds finalists won an experience of a lifetime, from meeting Chelsea Clinton and Will I Am, to taking part in panel discussions with Jon Snow and Martha Lane Fox (Co-founder Lastminute.com).
“My experience was magical, fantastic and powerful! What I enjoyed most was the innovative, energetic and creative atmosphere” Orli Setton, Zeitgeist Young Minds Europe winner 2011
Now it’s your turn, if you are you making a positive impact in the world through science, the arts, education, innovation or inspiration? Then you could have what it takes to be a Young Mind.
We want to find 10, 18-24 year olds across Europe, the Middle East and Africa* who will win a chance to attend a special programme of events and masterclasses held at this year’s Zeitgeist Europe 2012.
Upload your entry here by 19th March 2012 for the chance to meet some of the brightest people on the planet.
*N.B. Europe, Middle East and Africa - For full list of competition territories please see competition rules
To help you make the best impact with your video entry, here are our top tips for your Young Minds video entry:
1. Be clear and concise
Make sure you speak clearly and use your one-minute wisely to get your point across.
2. Give an overview of your project/ idea describing what it is and what role you play
We want to know as much as we can about your project to find out how you’re making a difference to the world.
3. Share your journey with us, by highlighting your achievements and progress.
This is your time to showcase what you have achieved and the progress you’ve been having.
4. Let us know what impact your project/idea has had
Tell us your story with all the key facts and statistics.
5. Be creative!
Have fun making your video.
- All entries and submissions will be shortlisted during 20th - 22nd March 2012 and 30 finalists will be chosen. After this short-listing process, 10 Winners will be selected and contacted on Friday 30th March 2012 before being officially announced on Monday 2nd April 2012. The winners will then part in a telephone induction during w/c 2nd April 2012. The Promoter reserves the right to amend date/timings in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control. The Promoter will give you reasonable notice of any changes.
- If any winner does not meet the required entry requirements an alternative entry may be chosen as a winner.
- The 10 winners will automatically become Young Minds representatives and have the opportunity to attend the Zeitgeist event, meet and network with delegates and attendees. In the lead up to the event the winners will each take part in a series of weekly promotional activities for up to a maximum of 4 weeks. All winners will be required to commit to these activities and may forfeit their place at Zeitgeist EMEA 2012 if they are unable to commit to all activities.
- All winners will be set a brief w/c 2nd April around key themes and topics surrounding current news and the Zeitgeist 2012 event themes. The deadline will be Monday 30th April 2012.
- All Young Minds winners will be invited to an evening dinner the night before the Zeitgeist event with all delegates and attendees.
- The winners will take part in workshops sessions at Zeitgeist with the Promoter and Google.
- The Promoter will arrange for accommodation and transport.
- Prizes are as stated & no cash or other alternative prizes will be offered.
- The winners may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity. If you are a winner, you give your permission for a film of you to be taken & featured on-line & used for publicity purposes & for the use by the Promoter of your questions without further compensation.
- The winners may also be asked to participate in public relations around the competition. If you are a winner you give your permission, for photos of you to be taken & featured on-line, broadcast & in print for publicity purposes & for the use by the Promoter of your winning story without further compensation.
Latest annoucements in this category: